HPC Round Fire Pit Insert, Torpedo Burner – Electronic Ignition ( EI Series )
This range of Round Drop In Pans ( Insert) is supplied with the new HPC Torpedo Burner which provides the biggest, warmest flame according to HPC.
The EI Series from HPC Fire is their top-of-the-range ignition system that provides the highest safety levels and ease of use.
There are two options within the EI Series:
- On/Off Models – Use with optional wall switch, Remote Control, or your whole house system.
- Hi/Lo Flame Models – Adjust the flame height setting from high to low setting. This Low setting creates a 45% reduction in flame height. (Remote Control included). Not for use with your whole house system. Hi/Lo systems can also be controlled via a Smart Device Bluetooth App.
Both the On/Off and Hi/Lo systems are available with 1110 VAC or 24 Vac options as required.
The sophisticated electronics monitor the flame. If it accidentally goes out, it will make several attempts to re-lit. Should that not be successful, it will automatically shut off the gas supply to the burner.
The operation of the fire pit can be via a wall switch or a handheld remote control and via a Bluetooth Smart App on the Hi/Lo Models.
Lighting the fire pit is via remote control or a wall switch. When switched on, initially, the system performs several safety checks and then allows gas flow to the pilot system. Within five seconds, the hot pilot glows and ignites the pilot flame. After the system detects the lit pilot flame, the main gas flow will be opened, lighting the fire pit.
Tuning off the fire pit can be via the wall switch, remote control, or whole house system.
Behind the Scenes:
While you are kicking back and enjoying your fire pit, a lot is going on behind the scenes.
The system is constantly monitoring the performance and status of the flame, internal operating temperatures, voltages, and several other safety parameters.
Should the flame accidentally extinguish, the system will make several attempts to re-light it by re-starting the ignition process. Should that be unsuccessful, the gas flow will automatically be closed. This prevents the build-up of a potentially dangerous gas cloud.
Hi/Lo Models – Bluetooth App:
The Hi/Lo Model option is supplied with a Smart Remote and App, providing two-way communication with the fire pit. The Remote control allows you to set the flame height to High or the Low setting, which is about a 45% reduction in flame height.
It also provides feedback via flashing LED on the status of the ignition systems.
Advantages Of the EI Electronic Ignition System:
- Fully assembled and ready to install, the control components are fully protected within the robust valve Easy start box.
- East start via remote control or wall switch. Automated re-lit system if the flame is unexpectedly extinguished.
- Two Voltage options 110 VAC or 24 VAC ( 120VAC utilizes standard outdoor grounded power cord- plug into GFCI outlet. )
- Natural Gas and Propane versions. The EI system is not suitable for use with small propane tanks.
- The system monitors the internal temperature and automatically shuts off if it is overheating, preventing potential damage to the components.
- Burner is covered By HPC Fires No Hassle Lifetime Warranty.
- CSA Certified – meets ANSI Z21.97-2017 / CSA 2.41-2014 requirements. (This new EI system already meets 2020 ANSI requirements).
HPC Round Fire Pit Insert, Torpedo Burner – Electronic Ignition Specifications: