American Fireglass SIT Fire Pit Kits with Round Drop in Tray
If you are building a round outdoor gas fire pit, be it with Propane or Natural Gas, this American Fireglass Smart Ignition Technology (S.I.T.) Fire Pit Kit will not only help you to produce a professionally looking fire pit but allow you to enjoy all the benefits of your fire pit at the flick of a switch or press of a button!
This system provides the highest level of safety for your fire feature as it constantly monitors for the presence of a flame, if this is not detected, the S.I.T. System automatically makes multiple attempts to re-light. In the event of the fire feature not re-lighting, the system automatically closes the internal gas valve as a safety precaution. This is ideal for those who live in an area where safety features are required by local code.
The American Fireglass S.I.T. system is the smallest electronic ignition system available on the market making it the ideal choice for fire bowls or fire pit features.
Your can choose whether to wire in your fire pit to a wall switch or remote control (optional). Use either of these electrical devices to turn on and off the fire pit, however, when not in regular use, or to prevent accidental ignition, it is recommended that you turn off the gas supply at the gas shutoff valve. A listed gas shut-off valve is required by Code to be installed prior to the location of the appliance.
The Pan & Burner
Both the Pan and the Burner are made of 100% high grade 304 stainless steel and are built to endure the rigors of the outdoors environment. Pans are important components of a fire pit, they not only support the burner, they can be easily removed when access is required for maintenance, they also greatly reduce the amount of fire glass you will need for that perfect finish, saving you money. In the case of LP applications, they also provide a barrier allowing the air mixer to function efficiently. This barrier also reduces the amount of unburnt LP that can pool below the burner, which is not something you want to happen!
The gas holes in the burner are drilled, not punched. This ensures a smoother flow of gas, a better flame and prevents whistling noises. Weep holes are drilled in the bottom of the Pan to allow for drainage, preventing water accumulation.
There are 5 tray sizes: 12″, 18″, 24″, 30″ and 36″ diameter. The tray comes with the appropriate burner and as you can see from the table below, the burner sizes vary with the pan size and capacity. Please note that the 24″, 30″ and 36″ standard kits are supplied with an 18″ burner, only the high capacity kits come with larger diameter burners. If you are considering a high capacity kit please ensure that you have sufficient gas pressure to cope with the BTU’s of the burner or it will be impossible to achieve a reasonable flame height. In order to avoid disappointment we suggest that a gas technician confirms this, after all, Fire Pits are all about the flames!
* The Fireglass Quantity is the minimum required as recommended by the manufacturer. Fireglass is not included. Please see our Fireglass Selection for more details.
What to consider
- American Fireglass S.I.T. Fire Pit Kits are for outdoor, vented, fire features ONLY.
- Take into consideration your available BTU’s at the fire pit site when choosing a tray/burner size. Ensure you have sufficient gas pressure to operate your Fire Pit.
- The Liquid Propane version is intended for whole house propane supply only.
- Ventilation – Install a minimum of 18 square inches of ventilation at the bottom on at least two opposing walls of the enclosure. Not only does this provide air flow to avoid overheating the components and air for the air mixer to function properly, it is essential in the event of gas leaks and especially in the use of LP applications where unburnt LP can pool below the burner due to being heavier than air!
- The S.I.T. components require a minimum of one cubic foot of space beneath the bottom of the tray for installation.
- Drainage – Sufficient drainage must be included in the design to prevent components from becoming submerged.
- Installation – Certified NFI Professional Recommended
- 304 Grade Stainless Steel Pan
- 304 Grade Stainless Steel Burner
- Flame / Heat Sense: Thermopile
- Ignition Type: Hot Surface Ignition (Glow Plug)
- Ignition Sequence: Intermittent Pilot
- Ignition Source: Pilot
- S.I.T. Max. Btu Output: 290K Btu/hr with the 6″-18″ Burners
- S.I.T. Max. Btu Output: 512K Btu/hr with the 24″-30″ Burners
- Inlet / Outlet Size: 1/2″ FPT with the 6″-18″ Burners
- Inlet / Outlet Size: 3/4″ FPT with the 24″-30″ Burners
- Operating Voltage: 24 volts ac
- Inlet Gas Press: Limit: 2.0 PSI
- 24V Transformer
- Safety Shut-Off Valve
- Key Valve
- Two Gas Flex Lines
- Warranty: 5 Year manufacturer warranty
The manufacturer reserves the right to alter the specifications at any time without prior notification.