Rectangular Drop In Tray Flame Sensing from HPC Fire
Available in 5 sizes, see table below and in either Natural Gas or Propane versions.
Please note that for Propane installations there are two options:
- Select ‘Propane-Small Tank’ option if using a 20 lb bottle of propane gas
- Select ‘Propane’ if connecting to a ‘whole house’ propane gas supply.
Here at the Magic Of Fire this particular system is our all time favorite. We believe it offers just the right balance of features, quality, safety and price point.
HPC understands that not all outdoor areas will have power supplied for the ease and safety of electronic ignition use, but flame sensing in your area may be required by code or you just prefer that peace of mind.
This certified Push Button / Flame Sensing range allows both the convenience of push-button ignition with the safety of flame sensing. Lighting the fire is as simple as pushing a button. Flame height is fully adjustable via control knob. If the flame blows out the system safely turns off gas.
These units are CSA Certified in US & Canada to ANSI Z21.97-2014 / CSA 2.41-2014 requirements.
Supplied fully assembled, the system is easy to easy to install.
How It Works
Start Up: This is done by simultaneously pressing valve control knob to start flow of pilot gas and pressing ignition button for spark. Release spark after pilot ignition, release valve control knob after ~20 seconds. Then turn valve control knob counterclockwise to light main burner.
Operation: Flame height may be adjusted by turning valve control knob- counterclockwise provides more flame, clockwise lowers flame. If flame loss does occur, the system will automatically turn off all gas flow.
Shut Down: To turn OFF the fire pit simply turn valve control knob clockwise- slightly depress knob to reach OFF position.
Rectangular Drop In Tray Flame Sensing Features
- Fully Assembled and ready to install.
- Control components are protected within valve box.
- Flex Line configuration provides versatile and simple installation.
- Start ignition with push button and valve control knob.
- Flame sensing- system will turn off gas if flame is lost.
- Flame height is adjustable using valve control knob.
- Battery Operated System- is perfect solution for installs with no power.
- Natural Gas or Liquid Propane: Factory built & tested for either fuel.
- CSA Certified in US & Canada to ANSI Z21.97-2014 / CSA 2.41-2014 requirements.
Rectangular Drop In Tray Flame Sensing Kit Specifications:
Required Gas Pressure:
Gas pressure and type should be checked prior to installation and use.
Natural Gas Fire Pit:
Supply Pressure: Minimum: 3.5 inches W.C.;
Maximum: 7.0 inches W.C.
Supply Pressure: Minimum: 8.0 inches W.C.;
Maximum: 11.0 inches W.C.
Rectangular Drop In Tray Flame Sensing Downloads:
Installation Instructions – Download here
Insert Dimensions – Download here
Valve Box Dimensions – FPPK Valve Box
CSA Certification – Download here
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including LEAD AND LEAD COMPOUNDS, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/