HPC Round Insert Torpedo Burner Push Button Flame Sensing Kit
The HPC Round Insert Torpedo Burner Push Button Flame Sensing Kit is their mid-range system, sitting between Match Lit and Electronic Ignition kits.
This ignition system is battery operated, so no AC power is required. However, it provides the same level of safety as the Electronic Systems by constantly monitoring the fire pit’s flame.
Should the flame extinguish, the Flame Sensing unit will automatically shut off the gas supply, preventing a potentially dangerous build-up of gas.
These systems are fully assembled and ready to be installed into your fire pit structure. They are CSA Certified and are ready to install. Available in 4 sizes, 19, 25, 31 and 37 inch tray diameters.
Please note: There are two options of propane kits. For use with small portable Propane tanks select the ‘-ST’ option, for large bulk Propane tanks select ‘Propane’.
Advantages of the Push Button Flame Sensing Kits:
- Kits supplied fully assembled and ready to install
- Control Box Installation Sleeve now included
- Easy and versatile fitting due to the flex line configuration
- Push Button Ignition and adjustable flame height
- Flame Sensing Safety System – gas turned off if flame extinguished
- Battery Operated no AC power supply required
- Natural Gas version and bulk tank and small tank propane versions.
- Fitted with Torpedo Penta Burner
CSA Certified in US & Canada to ANSI Z21.97-2017 / CSA 2.41-2014 requirements.
Torpedo Pento Burner
Fitted with the spectacular new Torpedo Burner, this particular section of the model range develops the biggest, warmest flame available.
For more detailed information regarding the new Torpedo Burners, please refer to the following page https://themagicoffire.com/sst-torpedo-burners-from-hpc-fire/
Operating the HPC Round Insert Torpedo Burner Push Button Flame Sensing Kit
To light your fire pit, you simultaneously press the valve control knob, which supplies gas to the pilot light and the ignition button to create a spark.
Once the pilot has lit, you can release the spark button but keep the valve control knob open for another 20 seconds or so. Then turn the valve control knob counterclockwise to light the fire pit burner.
The flame height adjusts via the valve control knob. Counterclockwise increase flame height and clockwise will reduce it.
Shutting Down the Fire Pit
Close down the fire pit by turning the valve control button clockwise and depress it slightly at the off position.
HPC Round Insert Torpedo Burner Push Button Flame Sensing Specifications:
Downloadable Information for the HPC Round Insert Torpedo Burner Push Button Flame Sensing Kit
Open the file then save to your computer.
Warding Off Mother Nature HPC Style
You can never beat Mother Nature, but there are several things you can do to minimize the damage she can create.
HPC Fire incorporates several features into its designs with this objective in mind to ensure their products function safely, correctly, and have a long lifespan. Here are few examples:
- Water infiltration into the burner and then running back through the gas lines is a significant issue. The HPC Penta and Torpedo Penta Burners deal with this in several ways. Each of the five-burner lobes has weep holes allowing any water that got in to drain out of the burner before it flows back into the gas lines. The center hub of the burner is raised and sealed to prevent water from leaking into the burner.
- All HPCs Electronic Ignition models feature s ‘drip leg’ designed to divert water away from the electronics.
- The Electronic Ignition and Flame Sensing ranges feature a thermocouple sensor that will automatically turn off the gas supply should a strong wind blow out the flames. However, this would be rare because the pilot light is encased in a ‘blow out box’ that protects it from the wind, enabling the pilot to relight the flame.
- Spiders, yes spiders! Spiders are attracted to the smell of Propane and build nests in and around Propane gas fittings, often creating a blockage. As a result, on all CSA Certified Kits, HPC supply a mesh spider guard to prevent the spiders from building their nests and creating a blockage.